Search
  • Brian Baines

Coronavirus update No. 3

Hi everybody,

Firstly, apologies for not updating this more often, but as there hasn't been any change in circumstances until now there has been nothing to report on. The situation for weeks has been us waiting on instruction from Furness Academy, which we now have. Please see the screenshot (Below) of their response to Paul Burns attached. Simply, we will not be allowed to use the track and facilities until at least October half-term, and maybe not even then. When things do start up again, the club will get priority as a long-term booking to block book the facilities again.

As far as St Bernards' goes for the winter training, this is looking highly unlikely also at the present time and the committee are looking at running training sessions elsewhere until the time when we can go back to the school hall. Obviously, priority is the childrens' safety, what with dark nights soon to be upon us again, so we are throwing a few ideas about. Suggestions from parents/guardians will be gladly accepted.

I realise that a few of you have cancelled your direct debits already, but if possible can we ask that you keep them running as it will be far easier to reimburse parents rather than go through the cancellation/reinstatement of these.

June Middleton, in her role as membership secretary, has paid up EA subs so everybody is still eligible to race, whenever that may be.

I wish it was better news, but we have no other option than to stick to both the government and the academy's guidelines.

I will post on both here and the Striders FB page when we hear something to the contrary.

So for now, the committee sends their best wishes and please await an update from us.


The Committee.




42 views

Recent Posts

See All

Parents/coaches WhatsApp group

Hello everyone, It is our intention to set up a WhatsApp group for parents and coaches to keep in touch in the event of training being cancelled (If we ever get to play out again!) due to weather etc

Covid 2nd lockdown

Hello everyone, Further to the government announcing a 2nd lockdown which unfortunately impacts on youth sport once again, it is with regret that we have to announce that training is again postponed u

Training Venue Change

Hi everybody, For anybody who wasn't at training last Thursday (22nd), we have decided to change the training venue due to the rapidly failing light. We intend to use Thorncliffe cemetery hill for hil

Images on this site may be subject to copyright

Find us on

  • Facebook Social Icon